Metacomet Land Trust owns 473 acres of Conservation Land and holds conservation restrictions on 343 acres. We also co-own 20 acres in Sutton with the MA DCR and own 7 affordable housing lots in Franklin.Properties conserved by Metacomet are located in Bellingham, Blackstone, Franklin, Mendon, Millbury, Norfolk, Sutton, Upton, Uxbridge, and Wrentham.
- Hop Brook Preserve (The Daniels Farm), Mendon Street: The land trust retains ownership of the 130 acres of woodland for open space and trails originally donated by Doris Daniels King in 1998. In June 2007, we conveyed a permanent conservation restriction on approximately 127 acres to the Mass Department of Fish and Game. The CR allows for future construction of an educational center and office.
- Reid Memorial Conservation Area on Daniels Road (14.5 acres).
- Dawn Marie Circle (10.5 acres).
- Franklin Woods off Lincoln Street (41.8 acres).
- Coronation Drive; outdoor classroom used by Kennedy Elementary School and Stony Brook Wildlife Sanctuary. Dedicated to Alfred S. Ferguson in May 2000 (1.75 acres).
- 17 acres off Hartford Ave donated by George Ford in 2018.
Sutton and Milbury
- Chase Road (126.9 acres).
- Central Turnpike, 3.2 acres.
- Putnam Hill Road, 6.5 acres donated by James and Marina Gvazdauskas, January 2001.
- Manchaug Road, 9 acres donated by Otco, Inc., November, 2001.
- Manchaug Road, 6 acres donated by John & Donna Couture, December 2002.
- Lake Manchaug Overlook, 9.3 acres donated by Gretchen Richards and Robert Ferragamo, December, 2010.
- One-half interest in land off Putnam Hill Road in Sutton consisting of 6 acres donated by Robert Nunnemacher, 2014.
- One-half interest in land off Mendon Road in Sutton consisting of 14 acres donated by Marie Linder, 2014.
- Stevens Pond, 38.9 acres donated by the Sutton Development Trust in 2017 and 11 acres donated by the Sutton Development Trust in 2018.
- Ruguleiski Woods, 26 acres donated by the Ruguleiski family, August, 2016.
- 3 acre parcel in Upton and Milford on Mill Brook donated in 2018 by Jodi Naze and her husband.
MLT holds 7 conservation restrictions on privately owned land and 4 on town owned land. CR’s on town or non-profit owned land include:
- 11.7 acres on Charles River, off Plymouth Road: owned by the Bellingham Conservation Commission.
- 97 acres, Meadow Brook Uplands, owned by Town of Mendon
- 26.2 acres, Muddy Brook South, owned by Town of Mendon
- 24.2 acres, Muddy Brook North, owned by Town of Mendon
- 4.7 acres, owned by Mass Audubon
Afforable Housing Lots
- Seven house lots in Franklin owned by Metacomet Land Trust and leased to owners of affordable homes on each parcel, total acreage 4.8 acres