Metacomet’s properties are open to all for hiking, nature study, biking, cross country skiing, snowshoeing, horseback riding, and other pursuits that do not damage the land or impair other people’s enjoyment.
1) Motorized vehicles are not permitted.
2) Dogs must be leashed or under control at all times.
3) Edible fruits, berries, nuts, fiddleheads and mushrooms may be harvested for personal use at your own risk. Plants may not be collected or removed.
4) Non‐game wildlife, including vertebrates and invertebrates, cultural artifacts, and rocks may not be collected or removed.
5) Use of a metal detector is prohibited.
6) Hunting and fishing is permitted pursuant to Massachusetts Department of Fish and Wildlife regulations. Tree stands are not permitted. Trapping is not permitted.
7) Discharge of firearms except during hunting season by licensed hunters is prohibited. Discharge of paintball guns is prohibited.
8) Alcohol consumption is prohibited.
9) No disposal of yard waste or other wastes is permitted.
10) No fires are permitted except when allowed for camping.
11) Overnight camping may be permitted by the Trust only at the Hop Brook Preserve in Blackstone. Campers must have an adult present at all times. All campsites must be at least 50 feet from established trails and 100 feet from wetlands, ponds, or streams. Camp fires are allowed only with written permission from the local Fire Department. All trash must be packed out.
If there are questions please contact Metacomet Land Trust at 508-271-7131 or firstname.lastname@example.org