- This event has passed.
Speak Out on Farmland in Massachusetts!
February 13 @ 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm
MLT encourages farmers, landowners, AG commissions, and those who support farm markets to participate either in person or virtually in two sessions held by EOEEA on strategies to protect farmland! On Thursday, February 13th, there is a session in Worcester at the Blackstone Valley Heritage Center! The following info was provided by our friends at American Farmland Trust:
American Farmland Trust is eager to assure that the voices of farmers and allies in the farmland conservation movement have their voices heard.
The Massachusetts Executive Office of Energy and Environmental Affairs will be holding listening sessions for sharing perspectives on strategies to preserve and protect Massachusetts’ farms and farmland.
They are looking for people who can share:
- experiences with farming or farmland
- challenges to preserving and protecting farmland
- ideas and suggestions to support farming and preserve farmland
Your input will inform the design of a statewide conservation plan for Massachusetts.
The sessions can be joined in person or virtually. RSVP for additional information and directions.
- Feb. 11, 6:30 p.m. – 8:00 p.m., UMass Donahue Institute, 100 Venture Way, Hadley, MA
- Feb. 13, 6:30 p.m. – 8:00 p.m., Blackstone Heritage Valley Visitor Center, 3 Paul Clancy Way, Worcester, MA
- VIRTUAL OPTION: Participate via Zoom on Feb. 11 from 6:30 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.