Metacomet Land Trust owns 386 acres of Conservation Land and holds conservation restrictions on 343 acres. We also co-own 20 acres in Sutton with the MA DCR and own 7 affordable housing lots in Franklin.
Properties conserved by Metacomet are located in Bellingham, Blackstone, Franklin, Mendon, Milbury, Norfolk, Sutton, Upton, Uxbridge, and Wrentham.
- The Daniels Farm, Mendon Street: The land trust retains ownership of the 130 acres of woodland for open space and trails originally donated by Doris Daniels King in 1998. In June 2007, we conveyed a permanent conservation restriction on approximately 127 acres to the Mass Department of Fish and Game. The CR allows for future construction of an educational center and office.
- Reid Memorial Conservation Area on Daniels Road (14.5 acres).
- Dawn Marie Circle (10.5 acres).
- Franklin Woods off Lincoln Street (41.8 acres).
- Coronation Drive; outdoor classroom used by Kennedy Elementary School and Stony Brook Wildlife Sanctuary. Dedicated to Alfred S. Ferguson in May 2000 (1.75 acres).
Sutton and Milbury
- Chase Road (126.9 acres).
- Central Turnpike (3.2 acres).
- Putnam Hill Road, 6.5 acres donated by James and Marina Gvazdauskas, January 2001.
- Manchaug Road, 9 acres donated by Otco, Inc., November, 2001.
- Manchaug Road, 6 acres donated by John & Donna Couture, December 2002.
- Lake Manchaug Overlook, 9.3 acres donated by Gretchen Richards and Robert Ferragamo, December, 2010.
- One-half interest in land off Putnam Hill Road in Sutton consisting of 6 acres donated by Robert Nunnemacher, 2014
- One-half interest in land off Mendon Road in Sutton consisting of 14 acres donated by Marie Linder, 2014
- Ruguleiski Woods, 26 acres donated by the Ruguleiski family, August, 2016.
MLT holds 7 conservation restrictions on privately owned land and 4 on town owned land. CR’s on town or non-profit owned land include:
- 11.7 acres on Charles River, off Plymouth Road: owned by the Bellingham Conservation Commission.
- 97 acres, Meadow Brook Uplands, owned by Town of Mendon
- 26.2 acres, Muddy Brook South, owned by Town of Mendon
- 24.2 acres, Muddy Brook North, owned by Town of Mendon
- 4.7 acres, owned by Mass Audubon
Afforable Housing Lots
- Seven house lots in Franklin owned by Metacomet Land Trust and leased to owners of affordable homes on each parcel, total acreage 4.8 acres
On June 26 Metacomet was granted Conservation Restrictions on three parcels owned by the Town of Mendon, totaling 147 acres. The Meadow Brook Uplands: This 97 acre parcel was purchased by the town using Massachusetts LAND grant funds, Massachusetts Community…
Support from the Metacomet Land Trust helped the Upton Land Stewardship Committee raise over $15,000 to construct fencing and a parking lot at the Whitney Conservation Area. The fence and parking area have been constructed. Thank you to all who…
Metacomet Land Trust is pleased to announce the protection of 14.3 acres in Mendon thanks to the granting of a Conservation Restriction by Shirley Smith. The Mendon Open Space Plan identifies the property as priority for conservation and it lies…